Research and Planning

Wednesday, 14 September 2016

The 180 Degree Rule Tanfastic Lunch from Charlotte Bancroft on Vimeo.
Vimeo.
What went well
Personally, I thought the storyline was very good for a few reasons. Firstly, it flowed along very well and there were no interruptions. Secondly, it wasn't too complicated therefore it was easier for the audience to follow. Also we stayed in the 180 degree rule. This was the main objective for the task and we accomplished that. The acting was not brilliant but luckily with the transitions involved in-between this allowed the film to go very smooth.

What didn't go well
We had an incident at 0:14 seconds, when our transition wasn't as accurate. Immy and I walked through the door and then we ended up being outside, this came across as a shock more than a smooth transition. Next time we would have to film us walking through the door to go outside instead of just ending up there.
We also had a few scenes with very loud wind noises in the background. Next time we would have to use iMovies to mute this noise and replace it with talking.
There was a few silent moments in the film that we could have replaced with music or some calm background music to make it less silent but not too distracting from the actual storyline.
We also should have had a more flowing and exciting conversation as this could possibly make the audience bored and want to no longer watch the film.

Overall
I enjoyed filming this, it took a bit longer than an hour and we all had a laugh. It was exciting mainly to film the transitions of different angles. The panning was also very amusing to do. Finding different sceneries around the sixth form building was a challenge as we didn't want to have a boring area and we thought the centre of the school would have been perfect.


180 Degree Rule: Take 2.
                        What Went Well
This was our second attempt at the 180 degree rule, personally I think this one went a lot better for numerous reasons. Firstly, we used sounds effects and a black and white filter. We wanted to add an old fashioned / Vintage style to it and we achieved that by using imovies and using the effects. Also I think that the transitions and panning in this one is a lot less but it is still very smooth and not too shocking to interrupt the audience. Even though it is a short film it still has a little storyline to it. It is short and Sweet!

What didn't go well
With out sound effects we wanted to add a 'DING' towards the end when Kieran put his thumb up, but we couldn't find any that sounded too good, therefore we improvised and used an Imovies sound effect. Also I feel as though the title and the credits towards the end went far too fast, it makes it almost impossible to read. This is why in universal films they have the text on for a good 3 seconds, next time I will definitely have the text for a much more reasonable amount of time.

Overall
This was a very fun film in particular as it was very spontaneous! We aren't the best of actors but I think it is an enjoyable film to watch for 15 seconds. Now I have learnt to use Imovies, next time I will make a longer film with more effects.

Learning Comment
I thoroughly enjoyed filming these two with my group, Kieran, Imy and Charlotte. I learnt how the 180 degree rule worked, it really amused me watching real movies using this rule. I also learnt how to use Imovies, we added music and text onto our film and that was very funny to pick which ones matched the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment